The Wick Law Office believes in working together toward justice with our clients. We represent private, state, and federal employees, and individuals with disabilities, in employment matters. Offering a wide range of legal services, representing and advising employees in claims involving workplace discrimination based on disability, race, religion, color, age, and sex, sexual orientation, hostile work environment, sexual harassment, retaliation, unequal pay, wage and hour, employee discipline, unemployment, unfair labor practices, requests for reasonable accommodation, and other employment matters. Experience in representing both employees and employers gives us a unique perspective in employment disputes. These cases are often legally and factually complex. In addition, clients are emotionally invested in the outcome.
The Wick Law Office offers representation to private employees in Colorado, Maryland, and Utah. We also represent federal employees and unions nationwide. Our services include:
Litigation and Representation
Employment law services include filing discrimination charges and complaints, litigation before administrative, state, and federal courts, representation in arbitration, and appellate work.
The Wick Law Office handles unemployment appeals, wage and hour claims, assists employees with requests for reasonable accommodation, and assists federal employee disability retirement.
Consulting and Evaluation
The Wick Law Office can advise on reasonable accommodation requests, conduct investigations, advise on potential claims, and provide overall guidance on strategic approaches to claims and litigation. We can review or draft settlement agreements, severance agreements, non-compete agreements, nondisclosure agreements, invention agreements, contractor agreements, and other employment related agreements.
Mediation and Settlement
Mediation and settlement services include representation at settlement conferences, in alternative dispute resolution, and at mediation.
To understand and protect workplace rights, it is essential for employees to understand the law and legal implications of an employer’s actions. The Wick Law Office believes in training employees on how to recognize, and appropriately address, issues in the workplace. Training services include:
• Discrimination: The Current Legal Interpretation of Title VII, the Age Discrimination Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act, and the Equal Pay Act
• Recognizing Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
• Litigating Claims of Retaliation
• Understanding and Making Effective Requests for Reasonable Accommodation
• Current issues under the ADAAA: When is Teleworking an Appropriate Reasonable Accommodation
• Techniques: How to Obtain the Evidence Needed to Prevail
• How to Succeed in Early Dispute Resolution
• Mediation Preparation Techniques
• Drafting Enforceable Settlement Agreements
In addition to the training options listed above, the Wick Law Office offers training specific for Federal Government Employees including:
• Everything you wanted to know about federal employee rights, but were afraid to ask
• Merit Systems Protection Board Basics
• Avoiding Problems Before the Merit Systems Protection Board
• Complex Merit Systems Protection Board Litigation
• Common Mistakes in Disciplinary Documents
• The basics of litigating before an EEOC Administrative Judge
• How to Avoid Dismissal of EEO Complaints
• Effective EEOC Litigation Techniques